Dr. Lsawaf acquired her bachelor of medicine and master of Otorhinolaryngology from Damascus University, Syria. She then earned four different diplomas in France, which are Early Education of Handicapped Children from University Edouard-Herriot, as well as Pathology of Speech and Language, Bio-Acoustics, and Pediatric Hearing Loss from Université de Franche-Comté.
Dr. Lsawaf speaks English, Arabic, and French.
Dr. Lsawaf attended and participated in the following training courses:
- Children Audiology and Auditory Brain-Stem Evoked Response Audiometry, Trousseau Hospital, Paris, France
- Electronystagmography, Caloric Testing, Auditory Brain-Stem Evoked Response Audiometry, and follow up of Facial Palsy, in Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
- Speech Therapy at Queen Alia Centre in Amman, Jordan
- Fitting and Calibration of Hearing Aids, Laboratory of Hearing Correction – Eric Bizaguet, Paris, France
- Correction of Stuttering, Speech, and Language Disorders, Arthur Vernes Institute, Paris, France
- Adult Audiology at the Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Dr. Lsawaf has more than 30 years of experience in ENT, children with special needs, and Audiology. She treated patients in France, Syria, and UAE. Indeed, she has previously served in different emirates for well-known clinics, such as the Emirates Hospital, Dubai branch.
Dr. Lsawaf has treated a number of famous people, whose identities are protected for privacy purposes. She has lectured both ENT master and medical students for more than 15 years in Syria’s top teaching hospitals, such as Al-Mouwasat University Hospital. She is the first doctor to introduce Auditory Brain-Stem Evoked Response Audiometry in Syria.
Areas of Interest
Dr. Lsawaf’s expertise lies in treating the following areas:
- Hearing tests for children and adults
- Ear infections and fluid behind the eardrum
- Nose infections, sinusitis, and airway allergies
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Speech delays and autism
- Vestibular tests for dizziness and vertigo
- Tinnitus management
- Vertigo management
- Snoring and breathing difficulties in adults and children
- Diseases of the tonsils and adenoids