Responsible for ensuring an efficient running of the reception area ensuring that all reception/administration duties are performed to the requirements of the job description and all patients needs are attended to promptly and courteously.
- To administer any reception/administration tasks that may be required.
- To ensure that clients are dealt with promptly either face to face or on the telephone. All clients must be treated in a professional manner.
- Ensuring that all administration relating to patients is entered correctly and promptly.
- Miscellaneous: Work together with other team members to ensure that all work is achieved within deadlines.
- Clinic Procedures; at all times patient confidentiality and practice protocols must be followed.
- Greeting patients, displaying a friendly and helpful manner.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and a smart appearance when on duty.
- Answering the phone, clearing answering machine, photocopying and faxing.
- Making appointments, maintenance of appointment system and follow up of patients requiring recall.
- Creation and maintenance of patient records.
- Correct Processing Medical Insurance Claim Forms and forwarding to accounts department.
- Electronic data entry of patient details accurately.
- Copying and filing of all clinical documents/information into patients files.
- Ensuring all patient files are correctly filed at the end of each shift.
- Ensure that all medical records are available for the next session.
- Taking payments by cash and/or credit cards and recording payments correctly – Issuing of patient invoices and receipting of fees.
- Completing Daily Banking procedures.
- Informing doctor of letters, reports and scripts to be written up.
- Taking messages and making phone calls on behalf of the doctors.
- Tidying reception area and waiting area.
- Working cooperatively with other practice staff in a positive team approach.
- Participating in meetings, staff training and development programs and performance appraisals.
- Strictly observing the principles of confidentiality and security of patient notes and information at all times.
- Deal with aggressive and awkward patients in a calm and professional manner.
- Notifying the Clinic Manager/Supervisor of any complaints or concerns from both practice staff and patients.
- Maintaining a professional and responsible approach to all duties.
- Other duties as required by Clinic coordinator/ Clinic Manager.
- To maintain a professional and responsible approach to all duties.
|Job Category||Front Desk Department|
|Years of Experience||Minimum 2 Years|